Did you know that you can even install dog doors on sliding doors? You won’t have to cut the glass for that. In fact, you will simply change the door panel with one that has the small slit or cut beneath for dogs or cats to pass through. These are one of the best solutions when your pet has the habit to frequently come in and go out and stays little time within the home. You can anytime get dog doors for sliding glass doors installed, and they offer multiple advantages.
Why choose the dog doors?
You actually get multiple advantages with the installation of dog doors for sliding glass doors. They are:
- The installation of dog doors do not demand any major changes or construction in your building
- They are pretty cheap and affordable
- These doors are super durable, and with normal handling, they would serve you as long as the other glass doors
- Your pets would have a dedicated door for entry and exit
- As the dog grows in size, you may change the door size for it without having to change the slider itself and this needs a small DIY manipulation of the frame
- You can be safe and sure in the house with assurance that door is closed, and yet the pet has an entry
- The doors are opened by slight pressure from the pet, and get closed itself, without you having to operate it or worry after it
- If you relocate you simply can carry the dog door with you, and install it to any other slider door easily.
With all of these advantages, the dog doors for sliding glass doors are really a hit. That is why they are so much into use by pet owners.